Recently you may have started to notice some changes to the Chamber’s branding popping up…
The Kissimmee/Osceola County Chamber of Commerce has added a Community Events Calendar to our website. Businesses, non-profits, government entities, and other organizations are encouraged to submit their upcoming community events to this public calendar.
“With this public events calendar, we hope to provide convenience for community businesses and residents by giving them a place to check for conflicting dates or just find an activity for the weekend,” said Chamber President/CEO John Newstreet.
Ideal submissions are events that are open to the public such as community festivals or vendor fairs; private events that have an associated ticket cost such as educational seminars or clinics, speaker events, or golf tournaments; and job fairs or hiring events. Events such as benefit dinners or invite-only affairs, or private parties, should not be submitted. The calendar can be accessed under the “Community” tab at the top of the Chamber homepage by clicking on “Community Calendar.” It can be viewed as a monthly calendar or as a list and can be filtered by date range and searched with key terms.
Anyone may submit to the events calendar, though submissions are subject to approval. Chamber membership is not a requirement to submit an event, though Chamber members will be given priority. There is no fee to submit an event for the Community Events Calendar.
To submit an event to the Community Events Calendar, follow the steps or view the “how to” video below:
- Visit theosceolachamber.com.
- At the top of the homepage, hover over “Community.”
- From the drop-down menu select “Community Calendar,” and then click on “Add and Event” to the right, which will open a new page.
- On the new page, complete the submission form. Be ready with the following details:
- Title of your event
- Description of your event
- Date & time of your event
- Corresponding image (such as a flyer or logo or a photo from a past year’s event)
- Tags or keywords appropriate to your event
- Details on the event venue or location
- Your/Your organization’s contact information
- A URL for your event’s website or registration page
- The cost to attend your event (if applicable)
- Hit the “Submit Event” button!
- After a brief review period, your event will appear on the calendar if accepted. Please factor this review time into the submission time of your event.
The calendar will also feature the Kissimmee/Osceola Chamber’s own events, which can also be found separately on the Chamber Events Calendar by clicking the Events button at the top of the page. They are also listed at the bottom of our homepage.