The application period for Leadership Osceola 2023 is now closed. For more information about future Leadership Osceola programming, please contact Sue Ring at email@example.com.
The mission of Leadership Osceola County is to: Prepare, Inspire and Support Leadership for the Improved Future of Our Community.
Leadership Osceola County encourages application from individuals who have demonstrated a capacity to leadership in their chosen field, who have exhibited interest and commitment to the welfare of Osceola County, and who have potential for exercising substantial leadership in the future. Every effort will be made to ensure that appointments to Leadership Osceola County will reflect the diversity of the community. Appointments to Leadership Osceola County are limited. Not every nominee can be selected. Nominees not selected are eligible to reapply in subsequent years. Self-nominations and applications are appropriate. We encourage you to promote the Leadership Osceola Program among your friends and associates.
Please complete this application with care. Applicants will participate in an interview process for class consideration. Candidate interviews are conducted by a selection committee comprised of Leadership Osceola alumni. Candidates will be selected for program participation based upon scoring of completed application and interview.
- Step 1: Nominated individual completes application
- Step 2: Selection Committee Members interview Candidates
- Step 3: Candidates are accepted into program and notified
- Step 4: Program participation
- Step 5: Graduation and Induction into community involvement
INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- All information on the form must be typed legibly, please.
- There is no application fee.
- Your tuition is due upon notification of acceptance. Tuition is $2,000 for Osceola Chamber members and $2,500 for non-members. Any applicable scholarship award will be noted on your invoice.
- A limited number of scholarships are available for non-profit, small business, and/or special status (minority, veteran, or woman-owned businesses). If interested, please include a letter of request detailing the need. Scholarships are awarded at 50% or 25%, dependent upon company size and small business category.
- Selection for the class will be based on the information contained in the completed application and an interview with the Selection Committee.
- Representation will be sought from a cross-section of the community and will reflect the diversity of the community.
- These leaders and potential leaders will be selected using the following criteria:
- Potential for leadership
- Achievement of goals
- Willingness to contribute time and talent
- Commitment to Osceola County
- Contribution to overall diversity and strength of the class
- Photographs of a professional quality suitable for publication can be supplied or photos will be taken at orientation.
- Applicants must have the full support of the organization or corporation they represent.
- Leadership Osceola 2023 applications are due December 1, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
- Program Time Commitment
- Two-Day Retreat
- Ten Program Days
- Graduation and Induction Luncheon
|February 8, 2023||Kick-Off and Orientation||
4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
|February 10 & 11, 2023||Retreat – Florida FFA Leadership Training Center||
8:00 a.m. Friday through 4:00 p.m. Saturday
|February 15, 2023||Environment Day||8 am – 5 pm|
|March 01, 2023||Criminal Justice||8 am – 5 pm|
|March 15, 2023||Economic Development||8 am – 5 pm|
|March 29, 2023||Health & Wellness||8 am – 5 pm|
|April 12, 2023||Agribusiness||8 am – 5 pm|
|April 26, 2023||Education||8 am – 5 pm|
|May 10, 2023||Government||8 am – 5 pm|
|May 24, 2023||Arts & Diversity||8 am – 5 pm|
|June 07, 2023||Social Services||8 am – 5 pm|
|June 21, 2023||Visioning & Civics||8 am – 5 pm|
|June 2023||Graduation at Walt Disney World Resort||11 am – 2 pm|