On February 15, the Four Corners Council of The Osceola Chamber hosted its semi-annual Four…
Last month, the OLE (Osceola Legislative Effort) Board of Directors, along with local elected officials and a number of other community leaders, visited our State Capitol to meet with State Representatives, State Senators, lobbyists, and many others who help OLE accomplish Osceola’s 2023 Legislative Priorities to move our community forward and make Osceola County a better place.
The Osceola Legislative Effort is a combined lobbying effort of Osceola County, the City of Kissimmee, the City of St. Cloud, and the Osceola County School District. The OLE board is comprised of the City Managers of Kissimmee and St. Cloud, the Superintendent of the School District of Osceola County, and the County Manager. This effort is facilitated by the Chamber and allows the County to present a united front with common goals at the state level in Tallahassee and the federal level in Washington D.C.
On this annual trip to Tallahassee, the group was joined by Chamber leadership, many local elected officials, and private-sector Chamber members.
OLE’s 2023 Legislative Priorities are as follows:
Primary State-Level Priorities
- Maintain FEFP compression funding for school districts
- Flooding Mitigation Assistance to prevent a reoccurrence of flooding issues across the county following Hurricane Ian
- Water-filled dam systems for East Lake Tohopekaliga
- High-capacity mobile stormwater pumps
- Appropriation for Sunbridge Parkway to improve traffic and evacuation safety
- Lake Tohopekaliga Water Quality Improvements
- Treatment of invasive species and removal of organic material (muck) buildup in northernmost section
- Regain vital water storage capacity and preserve water quality
Secondary State Level Priorities
- Affordable Housing
- Fully fund the Sadowski Trust Fund and oppose any diversion of funds
- Protect Local Home Rule Authority
- Invasive Plant Species in Lake Runnymeade and Lake Tohopekaliga
- Support increased funding for invasive plant control